Today we finally got our new driver station parts! My subteam worked on gathering the parts, testing them, and setting everything up. We’ve got most of our network configured and now just need to put all the pieces onto the driver station. Shawn got an excellent start on the driver station structure, so next week we’ll likely put everything together.

For the rest of the day, the programming team worked on getting C4 working and preparing for our presentation at the end of the day. C4 (our 2009 robot) has not been used very frequently and, as we found out, had several bad motor controllers. After some debugging and crawling around on the floor, we managed to return C4 to its functional state. We are planning to run C4 with our X360 Kinect.

At the end of the day, all of the subteams showed off their work from this week. Our subteam showed off the linear storage proposition while other groups showed off a mortar-like shooter, a method for picking balls up off the floor, and several ideas for interacting with the balls once inside the robot. With only four weeks left, we’ll need to focus and work very hard to meet our deadline. Still, we do have a chassis and a driver station so within the next week we should have a pretty good idea of where we stand.

Andrew Rhine
Programming/Website subteams

Almost Half Way! Week 3: Day 13

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *