Our county-wide robotics team, PhyXTGears Robotics (including Muncie, Delaware County, and students from surrounding counties) is proud to announce OPEN ENROLLMENT for our
“2017 Build & Competition Season”.
We are accepting new high school student members until December 1, 2016; that love STEAM/STEM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math), and creating things (especially larger robots, up to 120lb’s)!
We’re also accepting Middle School and prior FIRST Lego League (FLL), FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC), and Vex Robotics Team members, to enter our approval process!!
Right now, during the Fall 2016 season, as with every Fall Season over the last decade, our professional mentors and senior-level students help train new students to be “competitive student participants” in our fast paced Winter 2017 “Build and Competition Season”, which starts January 7th, 2017.
OUR FACILITIES ARE GROWING:
And, you should know…..our new students, and existing team, are about to embark on a brand new world of amazing resources in the new Muncie Madjax Makerhub. We have already begun build-out and preliminary move-ins; and, we’ll be fully moved in by mid December 2016!
ROBOTS and MORE:
Yes!, we BUILD ROBOTS, that’s no doubt! But, we have so many other roles for you, too:
– 3D Computer Animation,
– “Bling” (LED Visual Displays/Raspberry Pi/Arduino),
– Electronics Design,
– Programming/PC Software,
– Social Media Mgmt/Public Relations/Publishing,
– Video Production,
– and yes….building Robots (CNC Milling, Lathe Work, Powder Coating, Pneumatics, Sandblasting, Welding, Woodworking, and more)!
Here’s your “4-Step Mini-Tour”:
1) most recent introductory team video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V4WKxEFs2Y .
2) our website: http://www.phyxtgears.org .
3) our facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/PhyXTGears/ .
4) our current location: Susan Gresham Center (northwest corner),
Tue/Thu evenings from 5-9pm, https://goo.gl/maps/qA8hgrWfShJ2 .
[Please stop by for a personal tour!]
5) our new location: Madjax Makerhub (as of mid December 2016),